Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day Sixteen

Thursday:
Well today was the day of the strike. Nothing different happened except that there were less cars out. There were few autos and no busses that we saw, but there was still some traffic. I wondered if I would end up going to to English Classes or not, but we went ahead and braved it and I got to go. I was so thankful that I was able to go. It has been nearly a week since I have gotten to meet with them since they have been working on College admission papers, so we did very little. We did a little bit of a review of what we finished with last week, finished reading out story we began and then I shared some pictures of my family, friends and home life with them! It was such a fun time and they absolutely loved getting to look at pictures. They requests that we do more of that tomorrow, so as a grand wrap up of our English Classes tomorrow will be a total day of fun and relaxation! I am so excited to spend just a few more hours with them. I am hoping to take them a little surprise tomorrow and then hopefully find them each something when I go shopping this weekend to take them next week. I have loved getting to know each of them and it really makes me sad to think that tomorrow is the last day we will get to spend time together in English Class. I am so grateful for the opportunity God gave me to be able to develop relationships with some of the girls here. They are girls that will forever be in my heart! Stephany made chicken burgers for dinner tonight and they were actually really good! So good that I will even make them in the states! WOW! :) I also got to play with some play dough with the girls tonight and that was just a lot of fun! After dinner we all went down and went for a walk around the neighborhood it was just a really neat time to get to see a little bit more of the city and right around where I am living for now. I also got to experience Indian Tea! It was actually pretty good. I debated back and forth for a while whether it was tea or coffee. It looks just like coffee but it tastes like tea! I was so confused!! Anyhow, it was a lot different from tea in the states, but I enjoyed Tonight Tony and Stephany and I are going to have a little game night, so that will be a good way to finish up today. I am just loving being here. I cannot believe my third week is winding down and I only have ten more days to spend here in India. This week has gone by really slow for some reason, but at the same time time as a whole is flying by. I cannot wait to experience the rest that God has in store and to grow and build the relationships God has given me here.
My Play Dough Masterpiece! 

No comments:

Post a Comment