Saturday, May 26, 2012

Day Eleven

Saturday:
Wow! Days are really counting up fast! I cannot believe the week has already finished and we are already in the weekend! I am one day away from finishing a second week and beginning my third! WOW! Today was a really relaxing day for me and I LOVED it! Even though I am only going out for two hours a day it is exhausting! More so than the two hours that is exhausting, I think it is the worrying about are the girls learning, are they enjoying coming each day or hating it, and so on.. So to have a weekend is wonderful. I starting reading Alice and Wonderland yesterday and finished it today. It was a really good book, I was surprised! Come to find out in the same book is the sequel Through the Looking Glass so I tried reading it, but it is not as intriguing as the first... I am out of books to read of what I brought with me so I think I might borring Stephany's "Don't Waste Your Life" and read that. She said great things about it..
Well tonight Tony and Stephany went out on a date so I am getting to keep the girls and it has been a blast! They went out to dinner and then snuck back in without the girls knowing in order to be able to watch some movies that don't consist of Dora the Explorer, My Little Pony, and The Bernstein Bears.. All great movies, but boy do they get old! I am so glad that I have gotten to spend some time with the girls and that Tony and Stephany got to get out of the house for a little while! We did a lot of reading tonight, had a gourmet dinner of peanut butter and jelly (one of the only meals they will actually eat...) and some Peach Dumpcake and Icecream for dessert! We also broke out the fingerpaints! I will post a picture of what we all painted! The culture here refers to people that are older than you as "Auntie" and "Uncle" so it is safe to say that they have one great "Aunt Kaylie" ;)! We also did a lot of doll playing and reading and now they are in the bath and we are fixing to go through the bedtime routine. I LOVE that they do this: They take the bath, come out brush hair, take vitamins, brush teeth and then they all get on the couch together, read a story from the Bible, say what they are thankful for that happened that day and then they pray together. Following all of that they head to the girls bedroom and they sing some praise and worship songs and dance around the room and then Tony will rock one girl and Stephany will rock the other and then the girl that Steph rocked Tony will lay in bed and the girl that Tony rocked Steph will lay in bed. I am so excited that I have gotten to be a part of this family while I am here and I am so excited that I get to be involved in this nightly routine. There have been many things that they do that make me think, man I want to do that when I have kids or when I get married and this nightly routine is one of them!
Well it is time for the nightly routine, so Goodnight (or goodmorning) to you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment