Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day Fifteen

Wednesday:
So today was the day I got to go to the Palace! The girls slept until nearly 9:45 this morning so that allowed for a very quite morning! Stephany planned out such a fun school day for both of the girls today and I was so glad to be able to help! I should have taken pictures.. (I will next time...) First it started with singing some songs and then we got to work on some patterns, matching and cutting! The final activity we did was a little science experiment to teach about the primary and secondary colors. It was super cute and definitely something I will use in my classroom one day! :) For lunch we went to KFC. I was a little nervous since that is one of the places I don't typically eat in the states, but I was pleasantly surprised! It was way nicer and tastier than at home!! It had a little bit of spice (I am starting to grow to like a little spice) and was absolutely perfect! Following lunch Tony dropped Stephany and the girls off and then took Brad, Krystal and me to the palace to meet a group of people from all over the states. Since I had already eaten I just hungout and got to meet some of the girls who were on the team and then we went to see the palace! It was so much different than I was expecting, but then Krystal reminded me, "You are in India." Oh yeah... The outside was beautiful and we got to go on a tour of the inside for 200 Rupees ($4). They told us we were not allowed to take any pictures inside the palace so Krystal, Brad and I just put our cameras away in our bags and went inside. Once we got inside they made us run our bags through the xray machines (like the ones at the airports) to make sure we didn't have anything bad in it and they saw the cameras and made us go all the way back and check them into a locker before they would allow us to enter in. The problem was that we had already checked our shoes into the shoe holder (not allowed to wear them through the palace) so we had to walk back barefooted and WOWEE was the ground hot! I got some blisters on the bottoms of my feet.. Ouchy! I also got to go to a coffee roster today. It was neat to see the beans and such! Cannot say I would want to work in there, but it sure did smell good! I only paid around four dollars for a pound of coffee. So it is fairly cheap!
The baby birds we have been watching hatched! That is some exciting news! Rebekah could hardly wait to tell me when I came home from the Palace! So we went down and saw them this evening and they were so so tiny and waiting mouth opened for their momma to return with some food! I will try to take some pictures of the birds. Tomorrow is the day the strike is supposed to happen so it looks like we are going to have a day at home all day. We will see what ends up happening. 

1 comment:

  1. the coffee roaster sounds interesting...I LOVE me some coffe :). Thanks for the update. Have your headaches gotten better? love you

    ReplyDelete