Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day Eight

Wednesday:
Can you believe I have been gone for a week and a half and have been in India for a whole entire week!? I cannot believe it! Time is flying here. I have less than three weeks left and still have so much on my mind to do and see here! Tony is out of town for a few days so it has just been us girls here at the house. Today I slept for the longest I have the whole time I have been here! One I slept all through the night and two I slept until nearly 9am! It felt so good!! Stephany is working on potty training Sarah so Bekah and I got to spend some time just us while Stephany and Sarah worked together. We read books, watched Beauty and the Beast and made bracelets out of pipe cleaners, buttons and beads! Today Stephany made an Indian meal for the first time while I have been here and I actually really liked it! I had the same thing out the first day I came and it was okay, but not something I would want to eat all the time, but what Stephany made was entirely different! I went and had my English lessons again today. Since they were far more advanced than I was expecting I spent a lot of time today in just conversation with them. It was very small conversations, but still it was words. Their main problem is that they do not use the English they know so they then forget the words and how it works. Tomorrow I will try to teach a little more vocabulary and such, but I think for the most part I am just going to try to discuss with them and try to get to know them on a personal level. I know many little facts about them, but would love to know more in order to form a relationship. I am really hoping that they will come to the Bible Study I will be leading on Thursday nights. I had my second experience on the motorcycle again. This time I was a little more comfortable, but the roads and driving here is so crazy that there were a few times where I was wondering if I should just jump off and run behind it! Technically you are supposed to drive on the left side of the road here, but they really drive wherever they feel like it! It makes me nervous.. Something I am going to have to get used to, but I am not sure that I ever will! It has not rained here in Mysore since I arrived. Tonight though it poured! It even began to hail here which is not something that ever happens! The pathways in the apartment are all tile so you can imagine how slippery they were being wet and flooded with puddles.. The girls decided it would be fun to go out and slide around in it so for close to 30 minutes or more they went and crawled and slid around in the puddles. It was so funny to watch! We lost power for a little while, but they have some sort of a generator that kicks in and it allows for just the fans and lights to work. When it came back and Stephany began to cook dinner though the gas ran out so we worked to move the tanks back and forth (they are so heavy we both has to carry them together) to switch them in and out, but neither of us had ever done that so we called on the neighbors and they could not figure it out either, so Stephany when next door and is preparing dinner now. Tomorrow beings the Bible Study and Tony comes home. I will also get to experience my first Auto ride with Krystal! I am loving every minute of being here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment