Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day Nine

Thursday:
My days are slowly starting to look a lot the same! I have been waking up in the middle of the night because of some tummy pains.. So last night I woke up at 1:30 but was able to go right back to sleep and then woke up this morning at 6:15... Unfortunately, I was not able to go back to sleep... So I laid and read for a while. I said in an earlier post that I have been reading "Heaven is For Real" and I finished that today. It was really a great book. Now of course, you should take it as a grain of salt and make sure you are only putting your faith in what is Biblically sound, but it is fun to imagine what it is going to be like in Heaven. One of the things I really liked about the book is that it brought in different passages from the Bible to show what the Bible says Heaven will be like. I, like many other people I am sure, have always wondered, but I have never done a lot of studying about how Heaven will be so those passages were a great encouragement to me. Today Stephany had a meeting to go to this morning so I had the privilege of getting to spend time with the girls for a while today. We read A LOT of books! I spent a lot of my morning preparing for the Bible Study I had planned to do for the next three Thursdays.. Sadly, this week got cancelled. There was nowhere for us to meet at the Hope Center with lights and since we are meeting at night, that is a problem.. We are going to try to make up tonights study on Monday and then also still have the second study on Thursday of next week. I am really hoping it works out. I was so excited for today, but I just have to remember that God has this plan and while I cannot see it and I have no idea what it may be, He does... Just keep trusting.. God's will is always better than my own.. Always. Today was my third session of English Lessons. It feels like I have been teaching them for so much longer... I got to talk to one of the three girls I am spending time with each day about her family today. It just breaks my heart how some people live. Yesterday she shared with me that she has eight other brothers and sisters and so today I asked if they all lived at the "Hope Center" with her and she told me they don't live in Mysore, but in Bangalore and so that led me to ask where her parents live. Well come to find out.. she told me, "I do not have parents." She then went on to share that her dad was in an accident and passed away a while back and that her mom is not stable for whatever reason. But the only thing that really mattered at that point was that she didn't claim her birth mother as her mother.. It breaks my heart. She is thirteen and has been heavy on my heart. This is actually my translator for English class... I have been praying for a way to build relationships with the girls I am teaching, but little did I know that I would build one with a girl who is translating for me. Oh, I pray that she comes to know the Lord. I am praying for an opportunity to share with her my faith and my relationship that I have grown to have with my God.

Pray with me for:
     1. opportunities to share
     2. the ability to have Bible Study to open back up.. 
          I know God has such a great plan and desire for each one of the girls who will be attending. 
     3. discernment on how to continue teaching in my English Classes 

No comments:

Post a Comment