Friday, May 25, 2012

Day Ten

Friday:
I was way too sleepy to post last night, so here goes trying to remember everything that happened yesterday. I have really been struggling with trying to figure out what to teach in my English Classes each day.. Who knew teaching English would be so hard!? So yesterday I spent some time trying to figure out how to make the class better.. I felt like class went so much better yesterday too! We "read" a few stories and by that I mean, we looked at the pictures and described what was going on in the stories. We also got to just sit and talk for a little while. This is hard because they know limited English and I know no Conada so it is a challenge, but we are slowly getting to know each other better and better which I love! I have been riding the motorcycle with Carla and Lenae to the Hope Center, but yesterday Tony was able to drive me there so no scary motorcycle! However, when I was finished I couldn't find anyone around that was able to give me a ride back so I called Stephany and we decided this would be a good time for me to try out the "Auto".. I knew there was an auto stand down the road so I told her I would walk to the stand and get a ride back. She told me that would be fine and if I got scared I could call and they would come get me. So off I started to walk to the auto stand. I guess first I should explain what an auto is... An auto is like a taxi but a lot smaller. It is almost like a very small golf cart. It really should only be able to hold the driver in the front and probably two people in the back, maybe three if they were really small. However, people pile into them! Lots and Lots of people cram into the back of one! So as I started walking I realized the stand was quite a bit farther than I had realized because I had always been on a motorcycle so the distance seemed so small. By the time I had been walking for a little bit though I knew there was no since in turning around. I saw an auto and asked if he could take me to the temple which is right next to the apartments and he told me no but tried to flag one down. That driver also said no so I continued walking. An auto driver called out to me and asked if I needed a ride so I finally had one! I was so excited that I had found an auto all on my own! I told him where I needed to go and I payed him the 60 rupees (1.20) and he took me home! I felt very accomplished! When I got back I took the girls down to the park for a little while and then came back up and we had dinner with Brad and Krystal. Brad has prepared a few songs for us to sing together and also found a sermon so while the girls watched a movie we all got the opportunity to sing, dig into the Word and pray together. It felt so good to be able to just sit and praise God. What was so neat about it was that here you only had 5 adults sitting in this room and a song playing through the speakers, but there was a sense total awe and worship in that room. I loved it! It is so encouraging to be able to sit and just worship and praise God in the presence of friends. I am hoping we get the opportunity to do it again before I end up leaving.

Well, I suppose I should start my day. I will try to update again tonight about everything today.

No comments:

Post a Comment