Tuesday, May 15, 2012

And the Journey Begins

Hello Friends!

I am officially in India and all settled in! I am so excited to be here and cannot wait to see what God is going to do! The plane rides all went smooth. I almost missed my flight in London, but I made it! Thank goodness. I got to sit by some of the sweetest people! I met a lady from Fort Smith (what a small world) and we even got to sit together! She has such a sweet story and I loved being able to meet and talk with her! I also got to sit next to this Indian man on my last flight and he was so polite and helpful! I just love the people so far. India reminds me so much of Nicaragua!

I arrived in Bangalore this morning around 5am and then had around a 4 hour drive. So I finally arrived around 9am. It feels so good to be out of a plane and to have showered. Traveling this far of a distance makes for a long few days. I was expecting to arrive in Bangalore on Tuesday morning, but little did I know I would really arrive here on Wednesday.. So my first week is already half over... I cannot believe it.

I am so thankful for all of ya'lls support and all that you have done to make this trip possible. I am loving the Wood's already! They are such a sweet family and I have loved getting to meet their daughters Sarah and Rebecca! I have been given my own room, closet and bathroom! What a blessing to have! I even got the privilege of using hot water!

I will update as the week goes on! We are planning to go meet a lady at one of the schools tomorrow so that I can possibly get involved there!

Cannot wait to see what is in store!
Kaylie 

No comments:

Post a Comment