Friday, June 1, 2012

Day Seventeen

Friday:
Friday has come and Friday has gone! Today I got to spend some time with Sarah while Rebekah and Stephany did some school. I love it when I get to spend a little bit of time one on one with the girls! It always makes things a little bit easier, but it also means that you get to do exactly what that one girls wants to do! So today, Sarah and I worked a little bit on learning how to lace things and then we read a whole lot of Dr. Seuss! It was a blast! Following school time we went out to eat at a pretty nice restaurant here in Mysore. I have to say I was really impressed and even liked the Indian food! Wow! Now I know what I need to be ordering in the States! (Mom, we can now go to Chutney's and I will have something I will even like!) After lunch I went straight to meet my girls from English class. Today was the last day we were meeting for English so I planned something a little more fun than sitting and learning (of course we had to speak English though). On my way to the hope center Tony dropped me by a grocery store and I ran in and got five chocolate ice cream bars to share with the girls! I went and found them as soon as I got there and they were excited to see me, knowing we were doing something more fun today! We ate the ice creams and then I showed them some more pictures of my family and friends since they requested more of that from yesterday's class. AND THEN we took some seriously silly pictures on my computer. I have not laughed so hard in such a long time and I am sure same for them. I was so happy to hear them laughing and just loving every second of hanging out together! After our silly pictures we painted nails again and then they gave me a tour of their living courters and let me see their rooms and where they live. There are four rooms in the girls dormitory and at least two girls sleep in each of the rooms. They have them separated by age so two of the rooms have two girls, one of the rooms have three girls and the last room is for a live-in auntie! I noticed there was no closets or dressers so I asked about where they keep their clothes and each girl is assigned a locker and that is where they get to keep their belongings. This really made me think. There is absolutely no way that I could fit everything I have into a locker that is no bigger than a foot wide by a foot deep by two and a half feet high. There is NO WAY! They are currently getting ready to get new sheets and I am so excited for them. I got to see the material they picked out today and it is a very pretty purple with some darker purple flowers on it. Man, I just want to take each of the girls I have gotten to know home with me! They have become so dear to my heart and my prayer for them is that they will come to know the Lord and that they will learn to live their lives for Him each and everyday. Please join me in diligently praying for these girls. I will actually get to see them one more time next week when I lead the Bible Study, but it was definitely a very hard thing for me hug these girls goodbye. Oh, how I deeply hope that they realize how much they are loved. After leaving the Hope Center today I found an auto and came home. Stephany and I took the girls to the park for a little while and then we came back up and we started watching a family movie of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. We had to pause it and we will pick back up tomorrow since it was way passed the girls bedtime but I am really enjoying the movie so far. I cannot believe that I only have nine days left here until I begin my journey home. I am so thankful for the opportunity God has provided me.
This was my favorite picture we took today. 
Akshatha, Asha, myself and Arpitha

Each of these girls has found a special place in my heart and I pray for the day we will meet again. 

God, I pray that I magnified You in a way that showed each of these girls exactly who You and Your Son are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment