Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day Three

Friday:
Today Tony and Stephany both had meetings so I got to stay with the girls for just a little while. I am loving getting to be a part of their family here! The girls are a lot of fun and so sweet (most of the time)! It ended up being a pretty relaxing day. Bekah had a friend over for the majority of the day so it was a good day for catching up on sleep and trying to get over the jet lag... I mentioned in my last post that I got to go next door and meet the neighbors. Well Chunada, the girl my age next door, was expressing how she wanted to learn to bake, so Steph invited her to come over on Friday (today). She came over around 11am, but since Steph was at her meeting she came back around 6. It was a lot of fun to be able to sit and teach her how to bake with an american recipe and measurements. While we waited for the cake to bake we just got to sit and visit. I have been told that it is a really neat thing when Indians are comfortable to come to an American's home. The majority of the time we are the ones that go visit people, very rarely do people come to visit in our homes. I am really glad I have gotten to spend a little bit of time with her and really hope to spend more before I leave in June!

No comments:

Post a Comment