Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day Two

So this week is going to be a slow week of recouping. It is great to be here, but man is jet lag hitting me hard! I woke up last night at 1am here (2:30pm back home) and then again at 7am (8:30pm) and couldn't go back to sleep. I got a great nap today though and that helped a lot!
Today began meeting some different people. I went and met the lady that works with Special Needs children today and I also got to meet some of the students. Right now school is out here so they are actually not in session of the school year until June 4th. So starting June 4th and through June 8th I will be going each day from 9:30-2:30 to help there. I think I am going to even have the possibility of being able to help teach in the classrooms. I know God has something great in store and I just cannot wait to see what that is going to be. In addition to that, in the weeks before then I am either going to get to work with a girl that is 16 and has been sex-trafficked, in teaching her some english, or I will get to lead a Bible Study once a week with a group of girls who have also been sex trafficked. I guess that is extremely prevalent here, which is so sad.
After the meetin today at the school, the "principal" invited us over to her house so we got to meet with her, her husband, and her two twin boys for a while. It was really neat to be able to meet in the house of some fellow believers. Such a sweet sweet family! I am really excited to work along side them my last week of being here.
Tonight I was also able to go meet the neighbors here. They are Hindi have twins also, a boy and a girl, who are nineteen and attending college. They are both going to Engineers. Education is highly pushed here. It actually begins at the age of 2... Oh my.. There is also a very high increase of suicide here during finals week. I absolutely cannot imagine! They were so sweet though. Tomorrow one of the girls wants to come over so she can learn how to bake a cake! That will be another exciting opportunity to meet and talk with her.
I cannot Believe I am over halfway through a week. Before I know it I will be back on a plane making my 24 hours journey home!

Miss you all! 

2 comments:

  1. I love all these updates! Praying everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting stuff! Glad you are getting all settled and organized. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete