Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day Four

Saturday:
Today was neat! I loved getting to see some of the city here. We went to the Mall of Mysore today. It was a lot larger than I was expecting. There were three levels of stores and then a level with a food court and movie theater. The majority of the stores were European based with one department store, just a few stores I recognized such as: Nike, Reebok and Lee, and then some stores that sold the traditional Indian attire. It is a little funny because I have no idea how these stores stay open. They are very expensive and few people were buying anything. I guess the mall is a popular place to hangout because it is air conditioned but the majority just come and walk around. 
After being at the mall we came back and took some naps (I am still really struggling to get over the jet lag) and then got ready to go to dinner at some friends house. Brad and Krystal had us over for some Lasagna, "butter-dip" breadsticks that Steph made and cheesecake! It was delicious! 
When we got back from dinner we immediately got ready for bed.. It was pretty warm all day so it was pretty draining and exhausting! I got the chance to Skype with David for a little bit which was such a relief. It was much needed to be able to see and hear him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment