Monday, April 30, 2012

God's Will is Always Better than Mine

Finally, I have been on quite the journey over the past six months. November of last year I branched out and purchased a plane ticket to Nairobi, Kenya, Africa. I was nervous about it because I am so used to going to Nicaragua each summer and I couldn't imagine a summer not spent in the country I love. But I really felt God calling me to Africa and it is a place I have dreamt of going to ever since I was a little girl. So my ticket was purchased and I was leaving in just two short months when I received a phone call telling me that the family I was staying with was having to come home due to their child becoming ill. While I knew God had a plan for my summer, I was quickly shown that Kenya was not it. This whole time God had a plan for me and I just didn't open my eyes enough to see the whole thing. With just two short months to find somewhere to go and switch my plane ticket I began researching and looking into organizations all over Africa. What I didn't know was that God had no intention for me to go to Africa, I was the one with every intention of a trip there.. After much prayer and conversations with great friends and my wonderful roommate Bethany, Bethany suggested that I look into going to India. My thoughts were: "Why on earth would I want to go there? It isn't Africa... God doesn't want me to go to India.." I finally put my thoughts aside and emailed a family from my church that is living there and this was her response:

"We have been praying that someone would come and help us with our kids for a bit so that I can get more involved in women's ministry here in [India]."

I could hardly keep myself from jumping up and down. You  mean all this time I have been doubting where God wants me to go and I have been convinced that I was going to be in Africa this summer?? You mean someone has been Praying for someone to come and help?? And not only that but you mean I am the answer to someone's prayer!?! Me, Kaylie, so unworthy, doubtful, Kaylie... God is using me to answer a prayer that someone has been praying for a long period of time... What a humbling, "God is so much greater than i" moment...

Well with all of this said, I am pleased to announce that I will be leaving two weeks from today to spend four weeks in India! Four weeks is a long time and I am nervous about that, but man do I know now that God has an amazing plan for my summer!

Pray with me for safety, for soft hearts and for a drastic life change in my own heart... 
My callused, dry, nasty heart... 

Oh Lord, Change my heart's motives and make them Your's...




No comments:

Post a Comment