Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day Twenty-Two


Wednesday:
The internet has been out for nearly two days straight now so I am writing this in a word document so that I don’t forget anything and then can easily post it later when I get internet again. Today since it is Wednesday the girls did school together. Stephany planned out some fun activities for the girls. They are studying Japan so we learned the spelling of “Japan” and some different words in Japanese. I love that each day before school Stephany has a time of songs for the girls where they are learning scriptures to memorize and also a time of prayer for the day and for the girls to be focused in learning. Stephany had a meeting today, but Sarah was down for a nap and Rebekah was reading to Tony so I got to read some more of “Don’t Waste Your Life”. I am so close to finishing so I really want to have finished before I leave. I am really enjoying it and would honestly encourage anyone who hasn’t read it to do so! I am hoping I will be able to sleep on the plane, but in fear of not being about to I am downloading a few other books by John Piper to read. Since the internet has been out we went to Brad and Krystal’s today for a little while to check emails and such. Stephany and I got to visit with Chunuda’s family again tonight and that is always exciting to me. I am not quite sure why since the majority of the time I am unaware of what is being said, but it just excites me to be able to go to a neighbors home and get to know them a little bit. Before I leave I plan to go see Chunada and we are going to exchange names so we can add each other on facebook. That will be exciting to be able to keep in touch with her even after going home! Although I have been thinking a lot about the fact that I will be home next week and then excitement that that brings, I am trying pretty hard not to think about the fact that that means I am leaving India and the Wood’s. Stephany said that she is glad it is early in the morning and I couldn’t agree more. It will be really hard to say goodbye, but it would be even harder if I wasn’t going to be so tired when I leave. I just cannot believe that Wednesday has come and gone and that leaves the week more than half over. While it is exciting to go home since there are so many things that are yet to come: my first trip to Chicago, hopefully my first apartment, a new puppy of my own and being a bridesmaid in one of my dear friend’s wedding it is hard to say goodbye and wonder when the next time will be or what God has in store next.
Some of the things you can join me in praying for are:
·    *How to live a life with a “single minded passion for Christ and His Crucifixion”.
·    *That God would help me to have a heart of forgiveness.
     *What is next: I am going back and forth about plans for Christmas. I have debated between another mission trip and also going to “Passion” a discipleship week for college students.  For a while I was convinced it was supposed to be another mission trip until just about two weeks ago. I feel as if my heart is slowly being changed, but how to figure out if it’s my desire or God’s I haven’t quite established… 

One more thing to add is that I found out the most wonderful news last night!! My dear dear friend Whitney is having a baby!! I am so so excited for her and Nate! What exciting news, especially when it has been a desire for such a long time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment