Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day Twenty-One


Tuesday:
Well I suppose the countdown has begun. Today was my last Tuesday to spend here in India. It is a very bittersweet time. I am oh so excited to come home and see people there, but at the same time I am loving the time I am spending here and the relationships I have made that it will be hard to let go of that here. I was half expecting that I would come and it wouldn’t entirely capture my heart like Nicaragua did, but boy was I wrong. There is just something so much different and honestly better about other countries. I am so blessed to live in America. There is no place like it. However, there is nowhere like these other countries and I love the simplicity of life here and in other countries. God has created all of these people with such different ways of life and He has created them all the same and for the same purpose: to have a single minded passion for Christ and His Crucifixion. If you have read a few days ago, you will understand what I am talking about with this “single minded passion”. Oh, Lord how I pray that You would touch every aspect of Your world and that peoples of every nation and every tongue would desire to have that “single minded passion” for You and Your Son. I pray that I would no go home without a changed heart and an unquenchable desire to reach the nation of the University of Arkansas and Fayetteville/Rogers, Arkansas. That is my nation and it is my responsibility to be sharing my joy and passion of Christ and His Crucifixion with those people around me.
Today I got to do some school with Sarah while Stephany did school with Rebekah and then I got to teach Rebakah how to make an origami dog. She is studying Japan in school and origami is big there. We went to eat at Pizza Hut and then went grocery shopping, came back and relaxed a bit. I read some more of John Piper’s “Don’t Waste Your Life”. We went to the park. The birds we have been watching are hatched and growing feathers and then Stephany and I came up and worked to make some dinner. It was delicious! Taco Salad! YUM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment