Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day Twenty-Three


Thursday:
Once again, I am writing in a word document and will be posting my update to the blog as soon as I get the chance… I finally got the chance today only because it just so happened that the neighbors wifi was reaching to where I was sitting, but I cannot manage to find that spot again… This morning I spent some time working on the Bible Study lesson for tonight. Last week we did a lesson on who we are to God and having victory in Christ through knowing Him. This week we continued on and we talked about the Armor of God and the importance of each piece. I felt like tonight went so much better than last week did. I just feel a lot more confident in the lesson and just the responses of the girls. Stephany and I did school with the girls today. It was probably the roughest day for both of us. It was just difficult because they girls were not very motivated, but we made it. A couple, that comes around and makes sure things are going well, came today so Steph and Tony went to meet with them for a while and I got to keep the girls. We got to play a lot of dolls. I did get a little bit of down time which was nice and that is when I discovered the random internet. I then went to Bible Study. I had a hard time saying goodbye to the girls because the didn’t quite understand that I was going back to America. They kept asking, “English class tomorrow?”, “English class next week?”, Bible Study next week?” I was having a hard time emphasizing that I wouldn’t be back… I am so grateful for the opportunity God gave me to meet these girls though. My prayer for them is that they will come to know Jesus if they haven’t already and that they will grow in Him if they already have that relationship. The girls showed me their rooms the other day and today they showed me the finished products! They got some new tables and new curtains and new sheets! They were so excited about it that it brought so much joy to me to see them so happy about it!! There was also an addition to our group tonight! She got to the center on Saturday and I was so glad that she joined us tonight and was able to hear the good news! After Bible Study I came back and Mark and LeeAnnette were still here so we got to sit and talk for a while. My final days are really winding down and I cannot believe how fast it is going. Before I know it I will be walking off of the plane back in Rogers, AR! (The worst part about travelling home is the in between time…) 

No comments:

Post a Comment