Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day Nineteen

Sunday:
I am kind of in a state of shock just thinking about how fast time has flown. There have been days and different things that have made some days feel longer than others, but I just am having a hard time believing that I only have one more week here in Mysore. This time next week I will actually already be in Bangalore preparing to wake up in just a few short hours to catch my plane home. WOH! The three weeks I have spent here have quickly come and gone and I couldn't ask for a better place to have come and grown closer to my God and Savior. This morning instead of going to church where we have been going we decided to stay home and have a little house church. Stephany prepared a lesson for the girls about serving others and used the passage from John 13 where Jesus washed the feet of His disciples. She began with telling the story from the Bible and then we went onto the balcony and she had a representation for them and they were able to wash each others feet and pray for a heart to love and be kind to one another. It was so sweet to be able to watch the family have a time of growth within themselves and also within the Lord. Definitely a family I will choose to model my own family after. After we finished Sunday School with the girls they went and watched a movie while Tony, Stephany and I sang some praise and worship songs and then listened to a sermon by John Piper from Passion 2012. One of the songs that really stuck out to me was: Lead Me to the Cross. I have been reading John Pipers, "Don't Waste Your Life" book and one of the things that has really stuck out to me is the idea of having a single minded passion and that passion is Christ and His Crucifixion. So my prayer lately has been that God would reveal to me how to have a single minded passion for Him and His Son and then to have all joys rooted in that and springing forth because of my single minded passion for Christ and His crucifixion. Lead Me to the Cross cries out,
"Everything I once held dear
I count it all as loss.
Lead me to the cross
Where your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
 I belong to You
 Oh lead me, Lead me to the cross." 
Oh God, help me to learn how to count everything that I hold close to me and my heart as loss. I want to be able to only boast in the crucifixion of You, my Lord and Savior and not in my own joys and gain, for each of the things that brings me joy in my life comes from the crucifixion of Your Son. Humble my heart, mind and soul Lord, Rid me entirely of who I am so that I am no longer living this life, but that You are living through me. 

This evening we played a good ol' game of hide and go seek. It was a blast to have a little bit of time for everyone to play and experience some time together. I am so thankful for this family and how they have welcomed me arms open into their family. 

1 comment:

  1. I just love all these updates and I love you :) Praying for you

    ReplyDelete