Saturday, March 3, 2012

It's only the beginning..

I have recently gotten really into reading other people's blogs and it has really made me want to start my own. I have no intentions of people actually reading mine. I basically just want to write for my own sake, in order to get my own thoughts in order. This will be a place that I share how I am growing in the Lord, how I am struggling and all of the wonderful journeys and opportunities that arrise.


Life AFRICA:
This summer I am going to embark on a month long journey to Nairobi, Kenya. Therefore, much of my posts up until that time will have to do with how I am preparing to be the feet of Christ there in the villages, orphanages, among fellow college students and where ever else Christ will allow me to be! I leave May 15th and I will return June 12th. I would love for you to join me in praying for several things:

  • For the locals that I and the others who will be there come in contact with. Pray for God to begin softening their hearts now inorder for them to desire the good news when we get there. 
  • For God to continue providing me with financial support. I am so close to reaching my goal, but for security reasons need to save about 500 more. 
  • For my own heart to be softened. Pray that God would move in my life these last two and a half months before leaving and that I would be fully devoted to Him in all that I do. 
Thank you for the prayers that have been said and those that will be said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment